A new book chapter outlines M&E of community-based adaptation. The chapter presents results from the 9th Community-based Adaptation conference (CBA9) in Nairobi. Entitled “Key considerations for monitoring and evaluation of community-based Adaptation” it:
- Introduces four considerations for the development of an adaptation M&E system (purpose, content, target audience, capacities & resources)
- Discusses principles, frameworks and trade-offs for M&E of CBA
- Recommends a theory of change approach such as GIZ’s “Adaptation made to measure”
- Outlines how M&E of CBA can be linked to national Adaptation M&E systems
The chapter offers an introduction for practitioners working at the community level who are interested in advancing their knowledge about Monitoring & Evaluation. It also serves as background reading for GIZ’s adaptation M&E training course. Authored by Timo Leiter from the project “Effective Adaptation Finance (M&E Adapt)” funded by BMZ, the chapter is part of the book “Enhancing adaptation to climate change in developing countries” published by the African Centre for Technology Studies Press.
This webinar, which took place on the 14th June 2017, explores how countries are developing national monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for adaptation in context of the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process. Results of a survey of country needs and experiences regarding M&E from the NAP Global Network are presented along with the country example of South Africa’s national adaptation M&E system.
You can watch the recording and view the presentations online at the NAP Global Network website.
We are pleased to announce the release of our new website, designed with a user-friendly navigation and updated with new information and topics.
The webinar series will deal with different topics related to the national adaptation plan (NAP) process, insights from the Network’s activities, as well as specific country experiences.
Sector Integration in the NAP Process
A NAP Global Network Webinar Tuesday, March 7th, 2017 | 10am-11am EST (3pm-4pm GMT)
– Introduction to the NAP Global Network and Webinar Series
– A Spectrum of Approaches to Sector Integration (Hayley Price-Kelly, NAP Global Network Secretariat)
– The Case of Jamaica: A hybrid approach to sector integration (Dr. Orville Grey, Jamaica’s Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation)
– Next steps and closing
Please register here.
For further information please contact the Network’s Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why is it relevant to have evidence on the effectiveness of EbA, how to generate this evidence and communicate it to the target groups?
We are delighted to invite you to our webinar series on “Evidence of the effectiveness of Ecosystem-based Adaptation” in collaboration with the EbA Community of Practice of UNEP-REGATTA, managed by Practical Solutions.
The invitation for the online discussion and first webinar on 2nd March 9.00 – 11.00 am (Lima, Bogotá, Quito) is now available here.
We need effective and field-proven tools and methods to support adaptive management and decision-making and consider EbA measures within an overall adaptation strategy. From September-November 2016, the online discussion series of the International EbA Community of Practice centered around three key questions:
1) Which EbA-relevant tools exist already and have been used successfully at different stages of the mainstreaming cycle?
2) How to adopt existing tools to an EbA context?
3) How to make these tools available to a broader audience?
In addition to the webinar recordings, an outcome paper on EbA-relevant tools and methods and a list of further sources is now available here.