Availability and usability of climate information services for adaptation planning and decision making
Starting 15 April 2013
- Share experience with regards to the availability and usability of climate information and services in concrete adaptation planning and implementation at (sub-)national levels.
- Inform about the latest international discussion in the field of climate services.
- Facilitate access to experts and peers from within the group of IMACC countries and beyond.
- What are the core challenges for effective use of climate information in decision making?
- What derives from these challenges for climate information and service providers?
- What derives from the challenges for decision makers and practitioners?
- What are good examples with regard to overcoming some of these challenges?
- What are examples of positive impact from better availability and usability of information?
- Where do we have to improve information provision and integration into decision making processes?
- Adaptation practitioners from national to local leves of government.
- Climate information brokers.
- Information and services producers at international and national level.
Format of discussion series
- Online exchange using different online tools (webinars, chat, live demonstration).
- Country cases and input by international experts.
- Continued exchange on AdaptationCommunity.net