The Private Adaptation Investment Bootcamp (PrivABoo) – implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – supports growth-stage small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) with adaptation & resilience solutions to raise capital and investment for entry into new markets or market segments and to scale-up for maximum development and climate change adaptation impacts.
Applications are now open for the next cohort kicking off in May 2023. SMEs registered or operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda or Pakistan that offer climate adaptation and resilience solutions can apply through the online application form! Deadline is Sunday, 16th April 2023.
Selected applicants receive investment readiness support and capacity-building over a period of 18 months until the end of 2024 with the explicit objective to raise capital and investment by a professional investor by the end of the program.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have read and understood the call’s terms and conditions.
- If selected, agree to the call’s required commitments during the implementation period as laid out in the terms and conditions.
- Be a small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) with fewer than 250 employees, and a turnover of less than 50 million USD, or a balance sheet total of less than 43 million USD.
- Be registered or operating as an entity in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda or Pakistan.
- Be at least growth-stage, meaning a minimum viable product in the market and active customers.
- Have a revenue average over the last two financial years of not less than 50,000 USD.
- Have a business solution or innovation that helps others adapt to the impacts of climate change or build resilience.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, applicants will be evaluated against Business Model, Financials, Adaptation & Resilience Impact, Inclusivity and Gender Relevance.
For more information, please read the call’s terms and conditions and check out the pdf version of the application form (for reference only, all applications must be made through the online application form).
Thank you for helping to spread the word among your network and partners by re-posting on Twitter or LinkedIn.