The training course “Dealing with climate-related loss and damage as part of comprehensive climate risk management” provides explanations about concepts, approaches and measures to avert, minimize and address Loss and Damage – based on GIZ’s own experience and that of others, enabling our partners to take action. This training course serves as a tool to build technical capacities and initiate dialogue among partners working on the issue, in various communities (climate, disaster, development etc.), in different sectors and at various levels. It targets technical staff of institutions and decision-makers in partner countries.
- Module I: Managing climate risks – the basics
- Module II: International Policy
- Module III: Dealing with L&D as part of comprehensive climate risk management
- Assessing climate risk and L&D
- Identification of options
- Prioritization of options
- Module III extended: The Private Sector and CRM
- Module III extended: Financial instruments, with focus on insurance
- Module IV: Mainstreaming
- Module V: Financing
- Compact Workshop for Decision Makers: concise overview of CRM which targets high-level-decision makers
The training is delivered face-to-face. It is facilitated by means of presentations, media support and action learning integrated at appropriate points in the training design. The modular structure of the course allows trainers to choose appropriate content and design tailored training courses for specific local audiences. The complete training package consists of a trainer’s handbook, a participant’s manual, presentations and additional teaching materials. The training roll out has started in 2017.
Contact: Ivo Litzenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org